Friday, April 4, 2014

A Mother's and Father's Day Cards

Simon Says Stamp came out with a late Spring release today...Mothers and Fathers 2014!  What a wonderful set of stamps and dies honoring moms and dads as well as some cool Spring related stamps and dies...there are stamp sets with sweet and touching sentiments and full card dies that make for simply done, but intricate looking Mother's and Father's Day cards...birthday cards...or use them for any day cards!!   I have made a "Mom" card and a "Dad" card with 2 of the wonderful new full card dies...
I wanted to accentuate the name I call my parents...Dad and Mom, so I decided to cover just those words with patterned paper and leave the others bare card stock.   My dad's favorite color is yellow, my mom's favorite flower is daisy...so I  chose patterned papers that fit MY mom and dad when covering those words :)!!  The daisy paper is from Michael's.   Layered each full card die 3 times to give depth, adhered the patterned paper to the layers and done:).  The DAD card was layered in black AND white, while when putting the dark orange ON dark orange, I had to make all the layers dark orange...I tried it the other way, and it looked a bit sloppy...I wanted the MOM and the frame to be the ONLY white you see on the card:)...
Hope you will check out the cool new release at Simon Says Stamp, and thanks so much for visiting me today!!  Hugs!! Lisa

5 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love those dies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with these dies. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your idea of covering the name you use in patterned paper! Great idea (as usual)! You are so very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of highlighting the name that you call your parents on these dies. Both cards are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to highlight the name you call your parents. It adds a little zip to the cards as well. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa