Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Vellum Butterflies

I LOVE butterflies!!  This new die from Simon Says Stamp has endless possibilities, and here is my first...
I die cut the butterflies from a white panel.  This die cut has the outline, the border, and the butterflies.  I put both the border and the butterflies to the side for another day, and die cut the die again with a thick piece of vellum.  I then sponged and heat set each butterfly in a different color. I adhered all of the butterflies into the openings of the die cut...so cool, because without the outline, the butterflies have a small natural border!   I gave flight to the 3 butterflies that are total, not partial butterflies...keeping all the others flat. The sentiment is from a new Simon set, Summer Garden.  Here is a close up...
I love the kind of "artsy" look of the different looks of the sponging achieved on the butterflies!  Hope your day is fantastic!! Hugs!! Lisa

5 comments:

  1. just beautiful - love the colors of the vellum butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous effect Lisa, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you've done with the butterfly die. The vellum butterflies are quite striking.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa