Saturday, December 12, 2015

One More Heart of Roses...For My Dad!

I told you that the trio of cards using the Simon Says Stamp Heart of Roses die, the other day, would not be the last. Well, I had some more white die cut hearts on my desk, when I thought of my dad!  My dad LOVES the color yellow AND roses,  I give him yellow roses on Father's day. AND...although this heart is wonderfully feminine and romantic,  I thought...hey...why can't we make a "guy" card with this die??  Answer: WE CAN!!  I added some gray and white striped paper to the background with my favorite little Rubber Soul "dad" stamp, and...
Along with the die cut hearts, I also had some watercolor paper on my desk, so I die cut the heart from the watercolor paper, removed the pieces that were not flowers or leaves, and used my Peerless watercolor paints to color them:)!!  I adhered them under two white die cut hearts.  Here's a close up...
I know this card is very much like those of a couple days ago, but I have now used paper with markers, acetate with markers, and watercolor paper with paints for the the flowers and leaves...same layout, different mediums, colors, and overall look:)!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Lisa, I adore this version (yellow roses are my favorites) - this die is moving up to the top of my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I love that you still give your dad roses and hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa I've really enjoyed seeing your different versions with the same die cut. Each has been beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to your posts every day. I don't always comment, but think your work is some of the best I've seen. Would love to see you create these works of art! Always so clean, crisp and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to your posts every day. I don't always comment, but think your work is some of the best I've seen. Would love to see you create these works of art! Always so clean, crisp and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, this is so lovely! I really like the gray and yellow combo.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa