Monday, April 4, 2016

Birthday Flowers on Black!

I had been waiting for the Simon Says Stamp Spring Flowers stamp set to come back in stock...here's my first cards that I made...
 I sponged my pink and green colors onto cardstock, then stamped the flowers and stems onto the sponged areas, embossed with white embossing powder and cut out.  I tried to make them look a little "shaded"...but the end result didn't look as shaded as I thought it would be!

I stamped the background with the Simon Says Stamp Diagonal Stripes background stamp and used the Friendship Blooms stamp set for the sentiment.  I popped up the flower and part of the stem from the black panel, then popped up the black panel onto the card.  Here's a close up...

The second one, I simply used the remnants of what I didn't wind up using on the first one...yes this one was an afterthought...kind of nice when you have enough to make a second one!
I coupled it with another Simon sentiment and some striped paper.  I also popped up this one, here's a close up...
OK...such fun...this Spring Flowers set is SOOOOOO PRETTY...will be making more with this set!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa


15 comments:

  1. So stunning! I love your cards Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous cards Lisa - that pink on the black is so effective - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful cards, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pop of pink on black! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous. Love these pretty colors on the black. And those stripes really add that little something extra. Very pretty. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards! I've been having so much fun with these stamps

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love the soft pink and green on black backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your cards...great design as well as color combination. Neat idea on how to color images.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So striking on the black bg, Lisa! Gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These cards are both wonderful! I love the black background, it has such an impact in highlighting the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've only made one card with Spring Flowers so far, but you've inspired me to get it out! Absolutely stunning work--love pink & black & you've taken it to a new level!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just gorgeous! The colors, the design, the simplicity.....perfect.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa