Wednesday, October 18, 2017

A Merry Christmas Wreath

I used the pretty new Simon Says Stamp Pine Needle Wreath and made the contemporary feel of the die into a more rustic and classic looking wreath...
I made a frame from 2 circle dies, and randomly adhered the pine needles of 2 die cut wreaths onto the frame.  I wrapped some medium weight twine around the wreath, added a Stained Glass greeting from a new Simon set of that name onto the card, and colored with colored pencil, then adhered the wreath to the card. Here's a close up... 
As a last minute thought...I used Laurie Willison's Card Holder die to hang my wreath card from a gift bag...I had WANTED to use a kraft bag so the whole card popped, but didn't have any...(may put that pic up when I get some)...I thought this card would look so wonderful hanging from a bag, and then the wreath wouldn't get flattened, although it's pretty indescructable. Just wanted to show you... 
Oh the versatility of dies...oh how I love them:)!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Adorable. I am ordering that Stain Glass Lettering stamp.. its out of stock..waiting patiently.. 🤔 Hmm now Im loving that wreath too.. decisions decisions.
    I am enjoying the crafty stirrings again..Its been a long time!! Thanks Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome wreath, Lisa. I very much agree that the card would look fabulous on a kraft gift bag. Thanks for the inspiration. I love it when we can use a product for other ways than intended.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa